Cybersecurity Tips You Need To Protect Your Business
Cybersecurity is not just an industry buzzword, it has the ability to majorly impact your life and your business.
Hackers are relentless and they are not going away. In fact, cyber-attacks have grown 150% since 2018.
Cyber risks are rapidly changing and becoming more complex in today’s environment. Now, more than ever, it’s crucial to have a plan in place for your business in case a cyber attack occurs.
Partner, Wayne Dean, shares 3 cybersecurity tips you need to protect yourself and your business from cyberattacks:
To break it down- the survival of your business requires managing cybersecurity risks. 3 cybersecurity tips Wayne shared:
- Securing your network and having the right IT component in place
- Employee training on cybersecurity
- Hiring the right broker who understands the risk
That being said, cyber insurance renewals are tough right now. Carriers are requiring more protection due to the number of claims and the amounts of payouts they are seeing. Your business needs to make sure the baseline information security controls are in place, and here are 6 additional tips to make sure your business is secure:
1. Already have MFA implemented on all remote access to your network.
–Including RDP, email servers, cloud services, and data backup; on all network administrator accounts and any accounts with elevated permissions.
2. Have robust incident response plans & backup solutions that are air-gapped or segregated from your network.
-IR Plans & Backups should be tested frequently, capable of restoring essential functions (ideally) within 24 hours – understand your Recovery Time Objective RTO.
3. Have Next Generation Anti-Virus protection, Endpoint Detection & Response EDR on all endpoints.
-Make sure these are activity monitored 24/7/365.
4. Have an email filtering solution that pre-screens attachments and links.
-Enable Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection if using Office365.
5. Have a Patch Management solution in place.
6. Have Employee Training to recognize & evade phishing efforts.
Make sure to have a conversation with your broker in order to ensure that your business is secure from cyberattacks. If you don’t have a broker to talk to, check out our cyber liability insurance options to secure your business today.